Monday 7 April 2008

Getting ready for #nws08


Tomorrow morning at stupid o'clock
, I'll be leaving sunny Birmingham, and will be off to Glasgow, to attend Networkshop 36.

I've attended several times now, and each time it's been way too late before I've started to prepare, each time there's not seemed enough time whilst I've been there (perhaps earlier bedtimes might help there), and each time I've come home tired, inspired, and with suprisingly little in the way of details remembered.

This year it's gonna be different. I have a plan. I'm going to try to document what I gain. I'll try blogging here, and I'll try twittering.

#nws08


It's my intention to tag all my posts #nws08 (I originally considered #networkshop2008, but it's a little long for twitter's 140 char limit, and it's a pain to type on a phone). I'd encourage anyone attending who's blogging or twittering (or anything else-ing) to do likewise.

Hopefully, my blogging/micro-blogging at networkshop will

  • help clarify any thoughts I have (unlikely, I know) during the conference, and
  • give me something semi-coherent to show for my attendance after the fact. Y'know, to justify the expense of sending me to Glasgow. Although I get the impression that my employers consider the few hundred pounds a small price to pay to get me three hundred miles away.
Now it's time to go get the suit out from the dog's basket.

No comments: