Monday 3 March 2008

web 2.0 agogo!!

I've not 'got' this web 2.0 stuff up 'till now, and have sorta gone along with the slashdot 'yeah yeah, get a life, nothing new, whatever' approach.

Until this weekend.

Now I'm beginning to get with the program.

Google Talk on my blackberry ( with unlimited business data plan, and that's the kicker, I suppose ) is lovely. 'Cos it's one way of linking up to twitter.

And through twitter I get - system status notifications from my network and service monitoring systems - and it's a separate notification channel to email.

And through twitter I get - iwantsandy.com.

And my colleagues and partner can see my personal calendar 'cos iwantsandy publishes an ical feed that google calendar can understand.

And I've recently started using blackberrytracker.com, and with yahoo pipes' help I'm thinking I'll be able to geocode my twitters, retrospectively, using the REST API that blackberrytracker provides.

It all relies on not caring about the cost of mobile data.

But given that, it all hangs together. I can finally get close to running my shizzle entirely from my phone, and that not be crap.

No comments: